Don't Get Dressed in the Dark

or in a dimly-lit room (or when your mind's on something else). Mid-morning at work today I looked down at my over-the-knee socks and realised one was black and the other navy blue. Arrgh, how could this have happened! It wouldn't have been so bad had I been wearing one of my ankle-length skirts but today I'd worn a just-below-the-knee skirt and it was quite obvious.

Still, in the general scheme of things it's no big deal. I often go home covered in paint, sand, gloop, slime, snot, and other unmentionables, that mismatched socks are not exactly the end of the world. In fact, if I have a doctor's appointment after work or must go into town, then you can almost guarantee that I will be covered with the worst that the children can dish out.

Still in future, I'll check my socks before leaving the house!

Comments

Unknown said…
LOL! I had a guy friend that got dressed quickly in the dark when he was getting ready for church. He had to be there early and didn't want to wake his wife. He ended up wearing 2 different shoes to church! One black and one brown :). So yes, I would agree that dressing in the dark is not the best idea :).
SchnauzerMom said…
I'm sure the kids didn't mind. lol