Eating Humble Pie

An online friend asked me if I was going to share my needlecraft ‘talents’ with the online world - and I might one day but today I’m going to eat humble pie and share one of my failures with you.

For years I’ve wanted to make a patchwork vest and finally last Saturday I got the chance to sit down and do just that. It was a disaster! The vest actually went together quite easily but the colours were all wrong. DH said it looked as if I'd made it out of sheets (I didn't); Son#1 said it looked as if it had been made for "Little House on the Prairie"; and Sons#4 & 5 didn't even attempt to hide their smirks (now you know why I love the men in my house so much).

Oh well, I had fun doing it, and I can cut the vest up to make
oven mitts, or
Christmas stockings, or
a baby's bib, or
cushions, or
bags.

And just to prove I can make some clothes that I’m not ashamed to wear, here’s a photo of a vest I made just a month or so ago (I also made a matching wraparound skirt but that makes a rather boring photo so you’ll just have to take my word for it).

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Actually I kind of like that first vest. The 2nd one is pretty too.
Jules said…
Give me your address and I'll post it to you! Wish I'd used some different fabrics but will have to think of something else I can use it for now because I'm never gonna wear it!