Progress Pics

It's just over 2 years since I started growing my hair out again and I've decided it's time for another progress photo. I'm not happy with the ones DH took today but I'll post one anyway (does my hair really look like that?) and hopefully I'll get a better one soon (read: "One that I think looks a lot more flattering even if it isn't true to life").

June 2006:


May 2007:


June 2008:


When I see the photos all in a row like this I wonder why I'm bothering to grow my hair again. Despite loving long hair, I think the first photo looks the best. I don't like my waves or the way my hair refuses to lie flat in the last one. Grrr! We're never happy are we!

However lighting and time can make a difference. The following photo was taken several hours after the one above and indoors and looks far better (at least in my opinion):



Quite a difference wouldn't you say?

By the way, the skirt is one I made recently after learning how to draft a 4-, 5-, 6- and 8-Gore skirt from instructions found online. The fabric was from an existing wraparound skirt that I'd bought but which was several sizes too big. It was too pretty to throw away so I turned it into this skirt. Here's another pic:



I just love the fabric. It's so 'swishy' and feminine and has a lovely feel. I feel wonderful whenever I put it on.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Wow I think your hair is gorgeous. The skirt is very pretty too.
April said…
You must be nutty because your hair is beautiful, Jules! :) I know... the grass is always greener and we always want what we don't have, etc., but seriously, it really is beautiful.

And so is your skirt! I love the fabric and... I'm just getting so inspired to sew too!
Unknown said…
Your hair is beautiful! You are being way too hard on yourself because we all think it looks amazing! My hair is a lot like yours. It never lays flat, and waves different every day. We are our worst critics. So just know that we all think it is BEAUTIFUL!
I love the skirt too!
Jules said…
Yes, I'm nutty. You have to be to live with 6 males and work with babies and toddlers! LOL

Thanks for the kind comments. I was so disappointed when I saw the photos. It's funny how some days I get great photos and other days they're blah.