Homemade Soup and Pumpkin Scones

DH made the soup: I made the scones. Scones seem to be a leftover from our British heritage. I don't know how to describe them except that they've been likened to the North American biscuit (which is not the same as our biscuit which is known as a cookie in the US - confusing, eh?).

This is an easy recipe. (For those that read my homemaker post: these did turn out and they did taste good and there's none left now.)

1 pkt Pumpkin soup mix (or Pumpkin and Bacon)
2 cups flour
1-1/2 Tbs baking powder
1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese
50g butter
3/4 cup milk

Place dry ingredients in food processor and process until mixed. Add butter and cheese and process until mixture resembles dry breadcrumbs (alternatively, rub butter through the flour with fingers). Add milk in steady stream until the dough forms a ball around the blade.

Knead gently for a minute or two, then pat out until about 3cm thick. Cut into rounds (I use an upturned glass) and place next to each other on an oven tray (ungreased). Bake at 220 degrees Celsius or until the tops are golden.

Remove, cover with a tea towel to prevent drying out. Serve warm.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I love scones, I have several recipes for them. Now I need to look for some pumpkin and bacon soup mix.
Unknown said…
That sounds so yummy. Every time you post pictures of the food you (and your dh) make, I always get hungry :). I love soups, especially in the winter. This one sounds so good!