A Real Little Homemaker

DH was reading my blog the other day and said, "People are going to get the impression that you're a real little homemaker."

So what's wrong with that? I am - aren't I?

What??? You want me to be real? To be genuine? To be transparent?

To show the failures as well as the successes? The messy rooms (I do have teenage sons), the doughy bread, the paint-chipped surfaces, the failed cakes, the threadbare carpet, the weed-infested vegetable garden?

I don't think so.

This is my blog and I'll be real if I want to (and right now I don't want to).

Anyway, I am a homemaker. Not a very good one at times, but I am a homemaker. So there!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I think you're a great homemaker. You have 5 healthy sons who all know the Lord and and a happy DH. What more do you need.
April said…
I agree with Kathryn! And who cares about threadbare carpet and failed recipes? You know what's most important - and it's not the physical things. And on top of that, we all have our weed-infested lives on so many levels. We just don't have to point those weeds out, do we? Or, as you said, we can - if and when we want to. :)
Unknown said…
I agree with schnauzermom. You are a great homemaker! It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job at being a wife, mother and homemaker.
BellaMama said…
I am laughing with you!! Our blogs are only what we share with others, a tiny glimpse into our lives and our personal views of what it means to us. Who likes to read about all the bad days?! I like to read about others that say, "Look what I've done" "Look how the Lord has blessed" "...and if this happened for me, You can do this too!" I am always looking for encouragement & I think that's how we all share, that we might be able to encourage others!
So, no mention of the burnt bread, burnt hamburgers, burnt potatoes, dirty diapers, unfolded laundry, hungry tribes, fussy me, etc. for we are to think on things that are lovely, pure, of good report (Phil. 4:6-8)!
Have a blessing of a day!!