Living Epistles

You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart (2 Corinthians 3:2-3, NKJV).

A number of years ago I heard this little quote: "Your life may be the only Bible that some people ever read."

If that's true, then how am I doing?

Does my life show Jesus' love to a lost and dying world?

Do I show mercy and grace even when it's difficult?

Am I compassionate?

Do I care for the poor and the needy?

Am I honest and truthful?

Do I 'practice what I preach'?

Do I avoid judging and criticising?

Do I go the 'extra-mile' with a willing spirit?

Do I avoid engaging in gossip?

Do I love my neighbour?

If I was accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict me?


If I am indeed an epistle - a letter from Jesus to this world - is the message clear, or is it indistinguishable, or worse still, distorted. A letter that fails to convey the writer's thoughts is going to fail in its purpose. God has sent us with a message to a world that desperately needs to hear it. How does my letter read today?

Comments

Daisy said…
All I can say is "Amen!" That was very well written Jules! The Bible says that we are ambassadors for Christ!
Unknown said…
What a great post Jules. We as believers need to show Jesus to those who don't know Him. I think you do a great job of that on your blog, by sharing the Word on your blog and talking about the Lord. I hope I am able to convey those same things both in person and on my blog. I want to be a living epistle!
SchnauzerMom said…
You're right, we are ambassadors for Christ. How do we represent our Lord? We need to be aware of what we say and do.