Spirit of Thanksgiving Part 2

I knew it would happen: we changed the menu. We're still going to have turkey and stuffing but the baked potatoes have been changed to steamed potatoes after I realised I didn't have enough aluminium foil to do them in the slow cooker. Kumara and carrots are still on the menu but the broccoli and corn casserole has become zucchini and corn since fresh zucchini (or courgettes as the Kiwis call them) were on special when I went shopping yesterday. I've also made some yoghurt bread rolls to go with the main meal.

Son#2 and I have spent most of the day in the kitchen baking. I'm not sure what I did - washing up perhaps? - as Son#2 seemed to do most of the baking. We made two pumpkin pies: one with a pastry crust and one with a crushed gingernut biscuit crust. He also made a mud cake (for those that don't like pumpkin pie - DH is one that cannot eat vegetables for dessert!) and a yummy red berry fruit salad (which our American friend likes to eat with his vegetables but we can't eat fruit and jelly with our main meal) for dessert.

The house has been cleaned, an extra table added to the end of our dining table, and within an hour or so our guests will be arriving. We've heard that some won't be coming - but we're still not sure exactly who will turn up. The more the merrier although whoever gets stuck on washing up may not agree!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Sounds like a terrific meal is planned at your house!