Summer is Here!



Last night DH and I went out for tea (dinner/supper/evening meal). It's a date we've been planning for months (years?) but have never got around to. Afterwards we went for a walk through the park surrounding the library and art gallery. At that time of evening it was still daylight and still reasonably warm. It was lovely!

Today we got our kayaks out for the first time this summer. The above photo is of a trip we took last year. Today the waves weren't quite so rough nor the wind quite so strong. DH and the boys seemed to really enjoy being on the water again.

I sat on the sand and cried. Yes cried! This morning I received a job offer and I don't know what to do. I keep going back and forth: shall I take it? Yes but what about ...? No, perhaps I'll stay where I am but then ...

It's not an enviable position. Less than a fortnight ago Son#2 was in almost the same position. He'd received two job offers in the same day. We told him to pray about it and helped him look at the pros and cons of each but we wouldn't make the decision for him.

But I want someone to make the decision for me. It would be so much easier. I'm scared that whatever I decide, I'll end up wishing I'd done the opposite.

Anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

Comments

Unknown said…
Good Morning Jules
I have no words of wisdom but praise. How fortunate you are receiving a job offer! I say fortunate as here in Europe and I believe around the world there is an economic crisis and no telling of the consequences for many families.
You are lucky because only due to your effort, love, dedication and commitment you can make acquaintances through life and therefore being in a position where you are ‘sought after’. I do not envy you, but wish you the best of luck on your choice, and yes, pray and analyse the pros and cons to find your decision. Whatever it may be, believe that this is the best one for you and your loved ones at this time in your life.
For many years I worked too hard and dedicated myself to what it was ‘only a job’, not much money, too much heartache, and too little time for my family and I.... Today I have a job where I enjoy very much what I do; I am recognised and well rewarded. The inner feeling that what I am doing is the right thing shows through my smiles, inner peace, happiness and fulfilment.
Best wishes
Gina
Daisy said…
Oh Jules, I want to give you a great big hug! I have no words of wisdom, other then to pray and also ask your dh his opinion too. Alot of times the Lord will use your dh to direct you. Remember your list of priorities that you listed days ago and go by that if it's feasible.

Waving a "hello" to Gina!
SchnauzerMom said…
No words of wisdom either other than just weigh the pros and cons. Also ask yourself if this is the job that the Lord wants you to have.
Jules said…
I thank you all for your comments (and for Lil too who sent me a wonderful email). Each of you in your own way have helped me in sorting out my thoughts and feelings.

I've made my decision now and I feel that it's the right decision. It wasn't an easy decision but I'm glad it's done.

Daisy, DH was no help at all. He joked that he was feeling left out because everyone of working age in our family has had a job interview in the past month except for him! Someone offered him the job of cooking the barbie next week at our Bible Study's break-up BBQ but I think he declined that offer!
Unknown said…
Jules, I have no words of wisdom except to just pray and seek God for the answer. I will pray for you as well!
Daisy said…
Well now, he had a job offer at last! Heheh!