Ten Things I Dislike

1. Being kept waiting. I don't mind if it's at the doctor's surgery or in a queue because those times I expect to be kept waiting, but when someone says they'll be somewhere at a given time and don't turn up, then I really don't like it.

2. Housework. Contrary to popular belief (apparently because I do so much of it) I do not enjoy housework. Dusting and ironing are my particular pet hates. I do housework because I can't stand a messy house and because it's one way of showing my family that I care for them but if it suddenly got done without me having to lift a finger you wouldn't hear me complaining.

3. Being made to feel guilty. I really dislike feeling that I have to do something out of a sense of guilt.

4. Saying 'no'. See number three.

5. The sight of blood. My family thinks this is hilarious considering I was a nurse in a previous existence (i.e. before children). It never used to bother me then but it bothers me now. I've even been known to swoon! I suspect the difference is that now the blood is usually on someone I love whereas before it wasn't.

6. Earthquakes. Little ones can be kind of thrilling but I could really do without them. Ironically we now live on top of a major fault line. Go figure!

7. Having to cook a meal every night. I'm so uncreative when it comes to food. And I don't enjoy cooking. I'll wash the dishes and wipe them and put them away but I really wish I didn't have to cook the food that goes on the dishes. Obviously I should have read the 'small print' before I got married - the part that says you will be responsible for feeding your family for 365 days of the year, for however many years they're all at home.

8. People who have to tell you all their business in a loud voice. Sometimes they're not even telling you - they're telling someone else - but you can't help but hear them. Please, respect my privacy and don't tell me all about your personal life - especially if I don't even know you.

9. Paying bills. I know it has to be done but I hate doing it and tend to put if off for as long as I can. It's not even that I mind parting with money - I just hate the act of having to write out a cheque or fill out my credit card number or go in and physically pay a bill. But when I've done it I do feel a huge sense of accomplishment out of all proportion to the act.

10. Know-it-alls. Those people that have an opinion on everything, have experienced everything there is to experience, have been everywhere, and think you don't have a single thing to say on anything.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Wow I pretty much don't like those things either!
Daisy said…
Oh it's hard for me to say "no." I don't know why that is exactly ...
BellaMama said…
I was laughing at #7 so very much. That fine print!! I guess I'm learning that we have the contract right in front of us - the Bible!
But I'm still laughing!!!
Hope you have a post sharing at least 10 things that you do like in the near future!!

Blessings!