Happy Birthday Son#5

Son#5 was born between two very important days: January 26, Australia Day and January 28, my birthday! (LOL). One of my most precious memories is of going to sleep with this beautiful newborn baby in my arms and waking up on my birthday with him still there. For the first few years we used to recreate the memory - but not any more! (When did he get so big?)

Son#5 was born 9 years and 12 days after Son#1 and in some ways they are very similar. Neither are fond of book learning (although more than capable), both preferring to learn by doing. But in other regards they are quite different (and I suspect it has something to do with birth order). Son#1 likes to be always busy, always on the move; Son#5 is content to sit back and watch everyone else. Son#1 likes to give the orders; Son#5 will take them or ignore them, depending on what they are.

When Son#5 was little his older brothers would often get him to ask us for something. Their reasoning was that since he was the youngest and the cutest, Mum and Dad wouldn't be able to say 'no'. It took us a while to cotton on!

Son#5's relationship with The Most Adorable Granddaughter is rather special. He was the first uncle to actually hold her. Son#1 had insisted on this since he and the other three brothers had all held a newborn baby at least once when Son#5 had been born, but Son#5 had never had that privilege. I know he treasures that moment. I think too the fact that Son#5 and The Most Adorable Granddaughter are the 'younger ones' in the family has something to do with their relationship (although I must hasten to add that The Most Adorable Granddaughter adores all her uncles).

This birthday is scary in some ways. Not only am I so aware that he is really growing up and will not be at home for much longer, but he is also old enough to now get his driver's license. As a parent that is s-c-a-r-y!

Today we'll probably make his birthday cake together and enjoy dinner with the family. So I guess all that's now left for me to say is: Happy Birthday Son#5 and may God Bless you! (And I'm sorry that it's back to school next week - I know how much you and your brother are looking forward to the end of the holidays - NOT!)

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Awwww, he was a beautiful baby.
Unknown said…
You sure have beautiful children Jules!
busymomof10 said…
What an adorable little fellow! I know what you mean about those little boys growing up into Big YOung Men!!1 May your son continue to be a blessing to you!

BTW, Belated Happy Birthday!

Elizabeth