Stuff

Have you ever wondered why some men in the Old Testament had several wives, but the women only ever had one husband? It's because one husband is enough to pick up after!

I should know. I have one husband and four sons to pick up after! At least the sons will leave home one day - hopefully meaning less items for me to pick up.

Today I decided to clean the house before we went to the beach. A lot of the time was spent picking up items left lying around by the men in my house. As I look around now it's hard to believe it's the same house it was earlier. It won't last though. Tomorrow there'll be more stuff left lying around and therefore more stuff to pick up.

And talking about stuff, our older sons may have moved out of home but their stuff is still here. When Son#1 left home he also left computer parts in the unused bathroom out in the garage. I've also found books (including an old bank book), old exam papers, and other items belonging to him in my sewing room. Son#2 was more organised. He packed everything up and took it with him. Then he brought it back again and now it sits under the table tennis table in the front room. It's been there for a year and will probably stay there for at least another year. Son#3 was the one who would come home from school and leave a trail of belongings from the car to his room. Nothing's changed! He left his stuff wherever it happened to be at the time and unless I've picked it up or moved it, it's still there.

I'm not sure where our two younger sons will store their stuff when it comes time for them to leave home. We're running out of available space! But at least it gives me hope that they will come home - if only to collect their stuff!

Comments

Daisy said…
Yes I have wondered why and now I have the answer to my wonderings ....thank you ....lol! My dh is the same. No matter how fancy I try and fix the table for dinner, his hat, keys, glasses, cell phone, the cord to charge up his cell phone, and metal clip board and sometimes even his laptop are on his side of the table, unless I remove it. But then 1/2 later it's there again. Oh yeah, he leaves his coat on the back of the chair too! I hang it up, but then it reappears! Sigh!
Unknown said…
Lol! What a good point Jules about the women in the Bible! That just cracked me up! My hubby is the only male in the house, but my dd is just as bad as a boy when it comes to leaving stuff around the house! I keep trying to teach her to pick up things, and she does when I tell her to, but it is a neverending job!
SchnauzerMom said…
My DH is the same, leaves stuff laying around everywhere. He usually can't find anything.