Composing

It's been said of Lucy Maud Montgomery (author of the "Anne" novels) that she would often be seen hurrying down the street muttering dialogue for her books under her breath. While I am definitely not in the same league as L. M. Montgomery I do understand about composing dialogue (or at least scenes) while busy doing something else.

Today while sitting on the beach I had some fantastic ideas for scenes in my new novel. The only problem was, I had no pen or paper and by the time I got home could hardly remember a single line.

Sigh. At least I remembered the camera and can share some photos.















Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Gorgeous photos! It's been 20 years since I've been to a beach. We went to Florida for our honeymoon. I hope those scenes come back to you!
Deborah said…
I came over to visit from A Little Cottage and am so glad I did. I'm so sorry to hear about all the fires in the area. My heart goes out to everyone that is suffering there. I enjoyed your thoughts about muttering to yourself, I do the same thing as I drive to work and then try to write down my thoughts. I love the Anne books and the shows. You have a truly lovely blog.