Mercy

The death toll continues to rise as the fires rage across Victoria, Australia. Over 120 people are now confirmed dead. Yesterday it was 40 - this morning 93 - now it's at 124 and still rising - and is expected to continue to rise.

I can't bear to watch the devastation. The heartache. The tragedies.

Suffice to say it breaks my heart.

Australia needs prayer.

For the fires to be controlled.

For the scorching temperatures and winds to drop.

For rain.

For mercy.

Oh may God have mercy on the land of my birth.

Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt (Psalm 123:3, KJV).

Comments

Julie Arduini said…
I stand with you in prayer for fire to consume souls with passion for Him---but not land, especially a land as precious as Australia.

I wanted to let you know I admire your blog very much and wanted to pass an award on to you.

You can find it at http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com. The date is Sunday, Feb. 8, titled, "Isn't It Lovely?"

Keep up the great writing.
SchnauzerMom said…
I'm with you on this. I've been praying too!