Favourite Verse

The question for today's Titus 2 Blog Party (actually it was for Monday - which was yesterday here!) was "What is your favourite or life verse?"

I have several but the one I've chosen is the one that I've used as inspiration for my blog title:

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:31).

It was a verse that gave me strength as I faced final exams as a 17-year-old;

It's a verse that gives me strength today as I face life as a wife, and mother, and grandmother, and teacher;

It reminds me that I'm not alone when I struggle with health issues;

It reminds me that I don't have to do it all in my own strength;

It encourages me when I'm struggling with being the only female in a house of men (believe me, sometimes it's not a picnic!);

It's the inspiration for my next novel;

It gives me strength and hope;

It comforts me when I'm lonely;

It's a promise when my children leave home;

It reminds me that I'm not alone;

It turns my eyes to the One Who carries me, Who is always there, Who will never fail me, Who is my strength.

Comments

Joyce said…
Jules! I am so glad to meet you. I think we would have such fun chatting in 'real life'!

Your life verse really resonates with me. Increasingly, the Lord is becoming more and more precious to me as I start to realize that, not only is salvation by His gracious doing, but so is sanctification.

I don't progress in the Christian life by my own works. What a freeing realization this has been.

My twin daughters (24 years old) both went into early childhood education, and in the past two years I am back to work with special needs middle schoolers.

I've added your blog to my reader. :)
busymomof10 said…
I love that verse too! thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear about your novel!
SchnauzerMom said…
That's a great verse! It's my DH's favorite too.