Humbled (Yet Again)

Elizabeth left this comment on a recent post: "I love your blog too. It has such a sweet spirit and is always so encouraging. I have nominated you for a blog award -- come on over and pick it up!"

I wasted no time in picking it up!

The award is to be given to those blogs that display great attitude or gratitude in their blog. I am deeply honoured and humbled that Elizabeth nominated me to be the recipient of this award.

While I appreciate Elizabeth saying that my blog has a sweet spirit and is always so encouraging, I'm not sure if that's always true. At times I've wondered what I've been trying to achieve with my blog. Is it to encourage others? Is it to speak the truth in love? Is it to engage in intellectual debate? Is it it be funny and humorous?

To always have a sweet spirit would be my goal, but I wonder how many times I fall short of that goal. If I were to come into your home, I would respect your views and opinions and refrain from argument until I knew you really well but I have found that on my own blog - or even when I visit your little home on the internet and leave comments - I don't always act the same way that I would in real life. I'm not always gracious. I don't always speak the truth in love. I can be too blunt. Even argumentative.

So before I nominate blogs to receive this award, I'd like to ask your forgiveness. If I speak out of turn, please tell me. I want to extend love and grace to all who visit my little home here on the web.

Now as to the rules for accepting this award:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post. (Done!)

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs who you feel are worthy of this award by displaying great attitude or gratitude in their blog! (Elizabeth just named 5 and I'm going to do the same. I could easily nominate 10 or even 20 - but I'm going to keep it at 5 which is more manageable.)

3. Be sure to link to the blogs you nominate within this post. (I'll be doing that in a minute.)

4. Let your nominees know about the award by commenting on their blog. (I'll do that soon too.)

5. Link back to the person who gave you this award. (Already done that!)

So - drum roll please - here are the blogs I nominate for the Sisterhood Award. All of these blogs display great attitude and a spirit of gratitude (please visit and discover for yourselves all they have to offer):

Simple Beauty

Beautifully Adorned

The Stay-at-Home Missionary

Divine Calling

A Little Grace

Comments

Liliana said…
Oh - this is a great selection of blogs. The other blogs are so bright and beautiful with wonderful photography and thoughtful thoughts. I love getting to read about the inside of people, women particularly. Thanks for a Sisterhood award for me! The other bloggers are widening my horizons and I am tickled to be in such good company with you and the other nominees. A sooper-dee-dooper thank you from me to you, Jules. :)
Anonymous said…
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
This is the first blog award I've gotten. You are too sweet! The other blogs are absolutely lovely. I can't wait to nominate a few of my own! Thanks for reading my humble blog...I hope it will be a blessing to you. :)
Christie said…
Thank you so much for thinking of me and for the lovely blog award!
Daisy said…
Yaaaay another award! How very nice Jules! Congratualions! I love coming here and visiting with you.
SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations! I really enjoy your blog.
java girl said…
Jules,

Thank you so so much for this award!!

Have a blessed weekend!