That Time of the Year

It's Autumn (March 1 was the official start date). Some days have been hot. Some cold. Some rainy. And some have had lots of wind.

I hate wind. Especially when I end up with a sinus infection.

Today I've had no energy; my head’s all blocked up; my nose is running (when it’s not blocked); my ears are itchy; my throat’s a little itchy; it hurts when I cough which isn’t too often thankfully; my back has been aching; and I'm tired of sneezing.

I stayed home from work. A day doing nothing sounded very appealing! Except when have I ever done ‘nothing’?

It's also that time of the year in another respect. Son#5 has just left home to go to hockey try-outs. Ah, bring on the winter sports. Sitting outside - at night - in the wind and the cold for an hour or two watching our sons (because Son#4 will be playing also - he just didn't have to attend the try-outs) running up and down a hockey turf. I can hardly wait!

Disclaimer: I actually enjoy watching my boys play hockey. I just don't enjoy having to sit outside on a cold winter's night to do it.

Comments

Deanna said…
Hello Jules,
May you get to feeling better.
Those ole sinus headaches are aweful.
God Bless,
Deanna from the Kansas Flinthills
java girl said…
Hello Jules,

I hope you are feeling better... I would have to say that the thought of sitting out in the cold when you don't feel good would only make the sitting out in the could sound aweful. No wait, I don't like sitting out in the cold even when I feel good ;O)

Blessings...
SchnauzerMom said…
I hope you feel better. It's Spring more or less here and I'm having sinus trouble too.