Vacation

We now have two weeks of school holidays. Two whole weeks at home with no routines, no schedules, no need to get up early (then why am I still up early? Hmmm), no homework (or so my sons would lead me to believe - I might have to check that out soon), no rushed mornings or afternoons, no ... you get the picture.

It's one of the blessings of my job that I'm home when my kids are home. Not just during the school term but also during the school holidays. Well I think my kids are home. I don't seem to see a lot of them but judging by the state of the pantry, I'd say they're around somewhere. (I can't believe I'm going to have to go grocery shopping again - didn't I just do that a week or so ago?)

This year Son#3's mid-semester break coincides with school holidays, so he's also home. He has got homework to do. Lots of it. He also has plans to build himself a computer while he's home. He's going to be oh so busy!

So what are my plans for my little holiday (if I don't make any the time will go so quickly and I won't get anything accomplished):

1. Make a lap quilt for The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World. The one I made before she was born is cot (crib) size and will be used for the new baby. I want to make one for The Most Adorable Granddaughter that is specifically for her, that can be dragged around, can be used to make secret places, that can be put inside her play tent, and that no one needs to be too 'precious' about. I also want to get up step-by-step directions on My Quilting Blog to go with the making of the quilt;



2. Another quilt project - this time to put a false back on the quilt I made for Son#1 and DIL#1 for their wedding. The top is mainly all creams - as is the back. A silly choice especially regarding my son's occupation. The top of the quilt at the back has become soiled simply from the oil in their hands from where they pull it up all the time. I've laundered it twice, but the stains still remain. This is one project that I will not enjoy. It's going to be fiddly but hopefully it will prolong the life of the quilt;



3. Put a jacket zipper in the cardigan I've knitted for The Most Adorable Granddaughter and start knitting for Son#5. I knitted for 3 of his older brothers last year - now it's his turn;



4. Plant bulbs. I've already planted some daffodils and tulips and irises. But I want more colour come Spring, which means planting more bulbs. Lots more;



5. Catch up on some of the housework that I've let slip during the school term. Not the most exciting item on my list but one that will give me a great sense of satisfaction when it gets done;

6. Write, write, write. I've not had a lot of time over the past few weeks what with illness, and working extra hours, and shorter weeks, but these holidays I'm hoping to get quite a lot of writing done (after I've made The Most Adorable Granddaughter's quilt - first things first!);

7. Have The Most Adorable Granddaughter stay over. I can hardly wait!



Well that's my list. I could also add practice the flute and workout more often but I need an excuse (particularly for that last one) if I don't find the time to do it all so I'll just leave it at that! Meanwhile I can hear some fabric calling my name!

Comments

Daisy said…
Sounds like a busy 2 weeks! Have fun!
SchnauzerMom said…
I hope you accomplish all your goals!