Graduation, Engagement and a Baby


In the space of less than 48 hours we have celebrated an engagement and a graduation, and learnt the sex of our newest grandbaby even though baby hasn't been born yet. Thrown in there somewhere was Mother's Day too.

So many exciting things that I don't know where to start!

Sunday evening, Son#2 rang us and told us that he was engaged. It wasn't totally unexpected although we hadn't thought it was going to happen Sunday. I later found out that Son#2 had had the ring in his room for the past week! I think there's a lesson for me: I need to be more diligent when it comes to cleaning my sons' bedrooms! (Actually I'm not serious. I respect their privacy - and their mess. I only vacuum if I can actually see the floor - usually not a problem with this particular son.)

Yesterday DH, DIL#1, The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World and I travelled over for Son#2's graduation. (Yes, Son#2 graduated and announced his engagement in the space of twenty-four hours.)

I didn't attend either of my graduation ceremonies, and Son#1 chose to graduate in absentia, so I was really looking forward to this graduation and I wasn't disappointed. Before the ceremony we met with Son#2 and his fiance for the official photographs which I suspect will also become their engagement photograph.

A short time later we found ourselves waiting for the ceremony to commence. Suddenly The Most Adorable Granddaughter exclaimed, "I didn't bring my Bible!" I explained that it wasn't church but that she would have to be still and quiet as in church. She did really well.

Afterwards, the graduates marched through the street to the town square where they had more photos and Son#2 got interviewed for the local newspaper. We were then able to go up to the University and spend a half hour or so with Son#3 between classes - much to the delight of The Most Adorable Granddaughter who had been asking about Uncle#3. And then it was a small family celebratory dinner: Son#2 and fiance, DH, DIL#1, The Most Adorable Granddaughter, and yours truly. I had a pounding headache by this time - not surprising when I consider that I hadn't eaten all day.



This morning DIL#1 had a scan and learnt the sex of her baby. She's wanted to know for a long while so was thrilled when they were able to tell her. Even more thrilling is the news that baby looks perfectly healthy.

With all these family developments I'm feeling very blessed. Very excited. Very proud. And very tired.

















Comments

busymomof10 said…
Congratulations!! :) I'm rejoicing with you over all of this praise-worthy news!!!
busymomof10 said…
I was thinking that it sounds like you have been as busy as I have with all of these special occasions! Yesterday was my husband's birthday and Thursday is our anniversary! Friday is our oldest son's high school graduation and then his 19th birthday is May 26th. So, May is VERY BUSY for us too!!!
Deb said…
Congratulations on all of this excitment!!!!!
I can't bring myself to think about college graduation right now. Our oldest graduates from high school in a week and a half. Really difficult for me because we've homeschooled....(BIG sigh..)
Blessings!!
Deb
SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations! Such wonderful things going on in your family! Your son looks very handsome in that photo.
Unknown said…
Congratulations! Wow, what an exciting time for your family! Your son is very handsome. One thing you didn't mention....is the baby a boy or girl????
Jules said…
Hi BusyMomof10, it has been a busy week but it's been good. I'm proud of him and, yes SchnauzerMom I think he's handsome too. BTW Jen, it's a girl! Four years ago I was the only female, surrounded by 6 males, but now the girls are catching up!!!
Unknown said…
Yay! Another girl :)! Girls are so fun! Congratulations grandma :)!