And Some Words

On Wednesday I got to meet a lovely lady whom I first met about four years ago on the member boards at Faithwriters. She was in New Zealand on vacation (in the middle of LOTR country for any fans) and we were able to arrange to have coffee together (okay we both had decaf but I'm sure that still counts). We found a lovely little cafe where we were able to sit in a private cubicle and we chatted and chatted and chatted. In the end the owners had to turn the lights out and the heating off to give us a not-too-subtle hint to leave!

I must admit that it can be a little frightening meeting someone that you've only known online (what if we have nothing to say to each other?) but I soon felt at ease and hopefully she did too. This lady is beautiful, intelligent, funny, creative and so comfortable to be with and it was a privilege to finally meet her.

Naturally the photo doesn't do justice to either of us. We've both far better looking and far thinner in real life! And we don't usually have our photo taken when we have hat hair either but what can you expect when you're at the snow? And I'm not that short either. Isn't it amazing how photos can lie?

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Great photo! I'm glad you had a good visit.
It sounds like you had a fun meeting! :)
Unknown said…
That sounds like a lot of fun! It is a great picture too :).