End of an Era


I walked out of work today, sat in the car, and cried.

Why?

Because it's the end of an era, that's why.

For almost 10 years I have worked alongside an amazing woman who has taught me so much on both a professional and personal level.

Want to see what servant leadership looks like? Look no further than this lovely lady.

Want to know how to be a great grandma or mother-in-law?
Watch this lady with her family.

Want to know how to put people first and make them always feel welcome? See this lady in action!

Want to see grace in the real world? You've come to the right place. I've seen her put aside anger and bitterness when she had every reason to harbour such feelings and instead show love and forgiveness. I doubt I could ever be as gracious in her situation.

Last night I put together a collage of photos taken over the past 3 to 4 years (the years that we've had a digital camera at work). In every photo you can see her love for the children. In every photo you can see the joy she takes in her work. In every photo you are reminded again of what an incredible teacher and person she is.

And now she's leaving.

There's a little boy who says her name over and over and over again. I suspect that she won't miss hearing that although she will miss him and the other children. I know too that he's sure going to miss his friend! And he won't be the only one.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
How sad that she is leaving. But she was a great friend and example to you.
Unknown said…
She sounds like an amazing lady. I'm sure you are so sad that she is leaving!