Cold Sores, Stones, and Doggy Hair

Cold sores are a wonderful barometer that tell me when I'm getting too tired and run down - and that's the only good thing that can be said about them.

I have one right now. A big red blister in the middle of my lower lip. I felt it coming on yesterday and sure enough by this morning it was visible. I'm not going to put anything on it. I've found that they tend to burn and itch more when I do use cold sore cream so this time I'm going to see how it goes without anything on it at all. Hopefully no one will want to take my photo for a few days.

I don't think my bathroom scales are working. I got on them this morning and they said I'd lost 1.5kg in a day. Now that would be nice but probably not likely. A few weeks ago I jumped on them and they read "19". Any number less than what I'm expecting (or dreading) is guaranteed to make me feel happy and slim for the next twenty-four hours but nineteen kilograms I am not.

I told DH. He suggested that perhaps someone had changed them to imperial.

I am not nineteen stone.

Later he had a look at them and told me that they were indeed set to read imperial rather than metric.

I. AM. NOT. NINETEEN. STONE.

I don't know what I am in stone but it's not that. Probably half that. But not nineteen. The last time I was nineteen anything was the year before I turned twenty. Years of age that is.

On another note, The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 came in to my room this morning as I was doing my hair.

"You have pretty hair," she said.

Then she held up her favourite soft toy which looks as if he might need a wash. "Doggy has pretty hair too."

Aw thanks, I think.

Comments

Noel said…
The dog has pretty hair too?? Only a little child could get away with that one :)
SchnauzerMom said…
I have no idea what 19 stone is, I only know pounds. How cute that your grandaughter thanks your hair is pretty. She's right.
BellaMama said…
I'll tell you that cold sores are a deficiency of vitamin B12. And, if you are feeling run down, your b vitamins in general are being used up. Hope it clears up soon!

I just laughed and laughed at your scale!! I thought it was only mine!! Mine doesn't measure in stones nor does it measure less than I am, but it is a real pain! I could just "see" you jumping on your scale and it reading 19!! Thank you so much...I really needed that laugh!! (I had to look up stones to see and that just made it all the more funny!!! You are definitely NOT 19 stones...LOLOLOLOL!!!!)

Gotta just love the honesty of little ones!!
Jules said…
There are 14 pounds to a stone which would make 19 stone 266 pounds. As I said in my post: I am not 19 stone.
Unknown said…
Tee hee :). Your granddaughter's comment made me laugh. In her mind, she was paying you a very high compliment!