Could Someone Please Tell Me


why there was a lamb eating my husband's orchids when I got home from work today?

I'd only just sat down at the computer when I happened to look out the French doors, and there it was. Soon after it gave up on the orchids and decided to munch on some mint that we planted last year. Naturally that gave rise to some predictable and not-so-funny comments.

It seems that DIL#1's parents couldn't get a baby-sitter (or rather, lamb-sitter) so they brought the lamb into town with them and left her at our place.

A few weekends ago they also brought the lamb into town with them and The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 was not too keen on it at all. But today she overcame her fear and even helped her other granny feed it.


And another small miracle? It says in the Bible that in the last days the lion will lie down with the lamb. What about the lamb and the sheep dog?

Comments

Linda said…
Just gorgeous, the picture at the bottom makes me homesick.
Daisy said…
LOL! Oh my, the sheep dog and the lamb! :) The lamb and the MADITW#1 are both so adorable.
BellaMama said…
When I first saw the pic, I was a little shocked. I don't know much about New Zealand (except the wool industry), but I didn't think there were wild lamb that would just come into your yard and eat your flowers!!
We have stray racoon and skunks, but not sheep!! :)
Love the pics!
SchnauzerMom said…
The lamb is so cute!
Liliana said…
Ahhhhhhh. A real lamb. I've never even been close to one. It's a pretty little lamb and an ADORable granddaughter. :)
Jules said…
Linda, I know what you mean. Your siggy pic makes me homesick!

Daisy, our dog while a pet is of a breed that is usually used as sheepdogs. Since she was a pup she has tried to round anything that moves up (including the neighbours' cars). When we take her to the beach she tries to round the kids up out of the water!

BellaMama, well there are places where it wouldn't be uncommon for sheep to wander into your garden but they're not wild. Just farm ones that have got out.

SM, he wasn't so cute after he'd pooped on my deck!

Lil, we had an American boarder stay with us once and she thought it was quite a treat to spend a day at my DIL's parents' farm. Before that she'd never been up close to a lamb except at a petting zoo. I guess we take it for granted.