Too Quiet



There was no patter of feet or chirpy voices waking me this morning ... yet still I woke early.

I'm cooking for less and my house stays clean ... but there's something missing.

This past week the Two Most Adorable Granddaughters in the World flew to Australia with their mother to attend a funeral. Despite having to wake in the small wee hours and boarding a flight while most people are still sleeping (even me), The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 didn't fall asleep on the plane until five minutes before landing. Typical!

I'm wondering now how I'll survive until they return.

I miss:

the chatter - "What you doing? Can I help? What's that? Why?";

the gummy smiles;

the chubby fists that hold onto my fingers or the cords on my jacket and won't let go;

bath time and wet floors and clouds of baby powder;

toys and food everywhere;

crying because the uncles have to go to school/have a bath/do homework and The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 is excluded ("But I need them," she'll say and can't understand that that's not enough to get them out of whatever it is they have to do);

never having enough time to get everything done and then having a little person mess up what I've just done anyway;

bed-time cuddles;

having a full house - even if the mess and the cooking and the cleaning does drive me crazy at times.

All I can say is: please hurry home!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
They are so cute, I can see how you would miss them.
busymomof10 said…
so sweet! i bet they miss you too!