They Don't Get It

I can count on both hands the pairs of shoes in my wardrobe. I do not do shoes. I hate shoe shopping - with a vengeance - and put it off until the choice is between shoe shopping or going to church barefooted (something I've not been prepared to do so far).

So it seems crazy that in a moment of madness (or inspiration?) I ordered a pair of shoes online last week. That's correct. The very same women who usually spends hours trying to find a pair of shoes that fit and are comfortable and don't cost the earth actually ordered online. And without trying them on. This is the same women who after spending hours trying on shoes still arrives home with a pair that doesn't fit. I'm serious. I have this suspicion that when I'm stressed - as when buying shoes - that my feet swell to the next size - otherwise how do I account for the shoes in my possession that are too big?

But getting back to the shoes I ordered online. They arrived yesterday and they fit! They actually fit. I determined what size I needed by measuring my foot on a sheet of paper. How easy is that?

And they're comfortable. Well they are once you get used to the fact that you're a few inches higher than usual.

But when I put the shoes on no one understood my excitement. I tottered out to the kitchen where Son#4 was pulling items out of my cupboards in the hope that something in there might plug up the blow-up swimming pool he was putting together for The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 (and since I'm not going to mention this again, yes I think he did find something).

"Look!" I said.

"Yeah?" he questioned.

Okay he's male. He obviously needed more information.

"Shoes," I replied speaking his language.

"Yeah?"

"They fit. They're so comfortable. And I bought them online."

"But what's the point of them?"

"Huh?" (as you can tell, I'm getting good at speaking teenage male speak).

"Your feet are like this," he said as he put his hand facing downwards at a steep angle. "Why would you want that?"

That's not the point. The point is that I'd bought a pair of shoes online and they actually fit. The point is that I'd found a pair of shoes that are actually comfortable. The point is that they look good on me. The point is ... I went off to find The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 and DIL#1 because I knew they'd appreciate them.

And they did.

DIL#1 liked them but it was The Most Adorable Granddaughter's reaction that I appreciated most.

"Ooh, where did you get them?" asked The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1.

How is it that someone who is not yet three can speak my language when I couldn't get through to my eighteen-year-old?????

Comments

busymomof10 said…
I love it! Some things only females understand!

I think you should have told your son, I just scored a touchdown or a goal or whatever he can relate too! And, I did it blindfolded! Then, he would have been duly impressed! LOL!
VIOLETA said…
If enyoane want to see pictures with ours poors contact me here at mai : tibivio72@yahoo.com

sweet blessings , Violeta
SchnauzerMom said…
They are very pretty. I haven't had the nerve to order shoes online yet. I can't wear heels, they would kill my feet. I'm glad they work for you though.
Shelby said…
Cute shoes! And you are correct, They don't get it and They never will!
java girl said…
Let me send some squeels of shoe joy from Kansas!!! (you know Dorothy made the fact that girls in Kansas LOVE them show shoes!)

weeeeehaaaaaa.....oooohhhhhhhahhhhhh
I'm glad you found such a lovely pair that made your day!
Jules said…
I'm sure you ladies will all appreciate the fact that when I turned up for my Book Launch, those organising it immediately noticed my shoes and raved over them. Now no one in my predominantly male family had even noticed that I was wearing them but walk into a new place where there's a group of females and everyone notices!