Please Stay With Me

while I make changes to my blog. It might seem that every time you come here it's different (or is just me that visits every day!) but I'm slowly working on it and hopefully it will eventually be a beautiful little home on the 'net where everyone is welcome (well you're all welcome now but you know what I mean).

The problem is, I know what I want but I can't do it all in one go. Like decorating a home on a budget or with a ten-year plan: you do a little bit at a time until eventually it's the way you want it to look. Same with my blog.

I'll get there. I promise. One day.

In the meantime, I'll share my recipe for ambrosia. I picked up the ingredients while out shopping earlier today since Son#1 and his family are coming for dinner (they're dropping off The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 to stay over - she's very excited as are we). I made the ambrosia once I got home but sadly it wouldn't all fit in the serving bowl so Son#4 and Son#5 had to help me finish off the last little bit. Yes, life is hard in our house at times but my sons are very obliging!

There are so many variations of ambrosia and as I was looking out a recipe today I was reminded of a similar dessert my mother used to make in the 70s and 80s. Hers had red jelly cut up into it and no yoghurt, but I suspect it would still fall into the ambrosia family.

Here's my recipe:

500 ml cream, whipped
approx 1 litre flavoured yoghurt (I used a berry one today)
2 x 440g can pineapple pieces, drained (or you could use mandarin segments, fruit salad, or cherries)
1 small pkt marshmallows, cut into quarters
small amount of chocolate (or large amount if you desire!), or none (we used one that had a chewy centre and cut it into pieces)

Mix all together and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving (it is better if left for half an hour but if you're running out of time skip this step). Don't worry about being exact with the measurements or about swapping ingredients around. It seems to work whatever you throw in.

Sit back and enjoy! Even for afternoon tea! But ssh, don't tell anyone.

Comments

Mary said…
I'm hangin' in there! Trying to re-think my blog, too.
SchnauzerMom said…
I like what you've done with your blog. I hardly ever change mine, just the picture now and then. The recipe sounds delicious, need to try it out.