Oops

No, this isn't about the glaringly obvious spelling mistake in my last post and which I've now corrected. No, this is about the education of Son#5 which I have apparently sadly neglected. It would seem that I've taught the previous four just fine but when it comes to Son#5 I've let things slip.

This afternoon Son#5 offered to ice (frost) the chocolate cakes that I'd made yesterday. I gave him instructions and went back to my writing. A little while later when he was obviously looking for something to eat and thinking chocolate cake would fit the bill I saw him enter the kitchen.

I then heard him say, "All the icing fell off the cakes."

I laughed, imaging the icing too hard and dry and cracking when he cut into it.

Not the case.

When I went to have a look myself I discovered that he'd made the icing too runny and it had run down the sides of the cake and onto the plate. I won't even attempt to describe what it looked like. Suffice to say, it didn't look particularly appetising (although apparently it still tastes yummy).


How is it that I've failed to teach him how to do something as simple as icing a cake?

Comments

java girl said…
I love chocolate in the afternoons so this looks okay to me! :O)

I'll bet you educate him better on icing cakes very soon!
busymomof10 said…
I'm afraid I've had the same problem before!!! :) Especially on a warm summer day . . . . or if I got impatient and didn't let the cake cool enough . . . . or if I was trying to be healthy and use honey instead of sugar! :)

I guess the solution is More Practice!!! :)
SchnauzerMom said…
Been there, done that. Sometimes I add too much liquid to the icing and then have to add more powdered sugar in an effort to thicken it. I end up with enough icing for several cakes.