Why I'll Never Be Rich

On the way to work yesterday I stopped off to post two letters. It must've been because it was Monday morning but the person serving me thought both my letters were to international destinations and charged accordingly. He then rang the total up wrong, added what he thought was the difference, and gave me my change. When I got back in my car I burst out laughing. Not only had I been overcharged but short-changed as well!

Did I do anything about it? No. To me it just wasn't worth the fuss for a few dollars. That's why I'll never be rich.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I probably wouldn't have said anything about it either. My husband on the other hand probably would.
Unknown said…
I wouldn't have said anything either, unless it was a significant amount. It is more of pain to mess with it, in my opinion :)!
Jules said…
If I'd been under-charged I would've said something but for a few dollars loss to me I couldn't see the point. The person who served me had already put the wrong stamp on the envelope so it would've been a pain to try and remove it and he was obviously having trouble that day doing simple mental arthrimetic so it would've been more hassle than it was worth to get it corrected.

But I'm told that if you want to be rich you have to account for evey single cent - hence the reason I'll never be rich!