Gone


Yesterday: Helped DH pack. Realised that God would give me the grace I needed for today, when 'today' arrived. Trusted that God would provide all that I need because He is faithful.

Today:

4.30 am: Woke up.

5.15 am: Left home.

6.30 am: Watched as DH booked in and Friend H repacked her suitcase because she was over the limit. Others in the group kindly took some of her luggage. Only one item left behind.

7.30 am: Saw the plane take off (I think we were too busy talking to wave but we did wait until it was in the air).

8.00 am Breakfast at McDonald's with Sons#3, 4 and 5, along with other 'deserted' wives and children.

8.30 am: Dropped Sons#3 and 4 off at hostel.

9.45 am: Arrived back home.

3.00 pm: Give or take a few minutes. Received some extremely exciting news which I can't share with DH because he's in the air and won't receive my messages until some time tomorrow (or even later). I'm bursting at the seams ...

Soon: Go to bed and catch up on sleep.

Tomorrow: Return to work and school. I don't need to worry about tomorrow because God will give me the grace to cope with tomorrow when tomorrow comes.

Meanwhile: I'll just enjoy now.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
The Lord does give us the grace to go through what He has ordained for us.
Jules said…
Very true, SchnauzerMom and a lesson I'm relearning yet again. I've been anxious about DH going away given my recent illness, but I've discovered that I don't need to be. God gives me the grace I need when I need it. Not before. Not after. But when I need it. And I don't need to be anxious beforehand because I know He is faithful and will keep His promises and that His grace will be there for me when I need it. So I can trust. And leave it all in His Hands. He'll never let me down.

Thanks for commenting.
Fox said…
I enjoyed your post. I saw it earlier, but I was wiped out last night so I could not respond sooner. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your hubby as he is on his mission. In a way, you are on one too, and you're traveling that path just the way God asks us too... one day at a time. His grace is sufficient - His strength is made perfect through our weakness.