A Little Blue


I love blue. If I'm looking for a special outfit to wear, I start with anything blue. I may not end up buying an outfit in blue, but that's where I start.

If I had to paint the interior of the house one colour it would be blue:



So it's no surprise that blue features in my garden. To my dismay, so few plants have flowers that are true blue. There's the blue lavender, the blue mauve, and the blue purple but few really true blue blue flowers.



When we planned our garden I planted dwarf lavenders to border the brick path and to give what I hoped to be a glorious display of blue. But I'm not a gardener and even if I was, these particular lavenders are not yet flowering.

Yet this Spring my path is lined with blue flowers just as I planned - and yet I didn't plan this. As far as I know, no human hand planted these flowers. Yet they are lined up almost perfectly as if they were carefully placed out in exactly the right spot for the best effect.



Most likely they self seeded and yet they seeded in just the right place. And I didn't do a thing!

I like to think that a Divine Hand planted these flowers. Planted them just for me because He knows how much I love blue - so that I would know how much He loves me.

Even the very fact that they are Forget-me-nots has a special meaning for me: I will never leave you nor forsake you.

How cool is that!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I love all shades of blue but blue-green is my favorite. It reminds me of rain and cool weather. Your garden looks very pretty!
Unknown said…
You look so pretty in blue :)! I absolutely love blue lavender flowers. That is probably one of my favorite colors. Your flowers look so pretty. Our colors here are changing rapidly, and the trees are losing their leaves. I will enjoy your beautiful blog pictures of flowers when it is cold and snowy here :).