A Great Pair

DH's face has swollen to one and half times its usual size and for probably the first time in his adult life he is resorting to pain killers to help him sleep. It started with a painful jaw, then it quickly became swollen and a visit to the dentist confirmed his fears. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and the swelling will go down and he will have some relief from pain. It's not just the pain of the tooth that's bothering him but with his face so swollen it's pressing on nerves and causing additional pain in other parts of the face and neck.

As for me I'm just itchy. Insanely itchy. I asked DH to check for nits (eeewwwww!) but came up clean. But I think my problem is lice - just not the hair variety but the bird variety.

Part of where I work is in an old house and the birds get in under the eaves and nest in the roof space. I had a similar problem years ago when my sister moved into a house that was unfinished. Then I could go home and get away from it but it's not so simple this time. I spent this afternoon in the office and by the time I'd finished there I had welts on my neck from scratching and was just about certifiable from this insane itch that was driving me crazy.

Some people would say I was certifiable anyway.

On a happier note, Sons#3 and #4 are home. I'm still none the wiser about how they've spent their year, how their exams went, what their plans are for next week let alone next year, but at least they're home and at least Son#5 no longer has to do the dishes all alone!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Gee, I hope you and your DH start feeling better soon.