Blog Verse

I've had a lot of opportunity to prove the verse in my sidebar lately. Opportunity aplenty but that doesn't mean I've learnt the lesson. I'm finding it hard at times not to question God. Why doesn't He fulfil our dreams in our ways and when we're ready?

Because He's Sovereign and He knows best, that's why. I know that but making my heart accept it at times is another thing altogether.

I was awake at five this morning praying for Son#1 and DIL#1. So far no news. Every day I wake and my initial reaction is disappointment that our latest grandchild has not yet been born. Then I'm filled with hope that perhaps today will bring the welcome news.

But we still wait. Waiting upon the Lord because His timing is best even though we struggle to understand or accept it at times.

My arms ache to hold this child. To gaze upon her face, to marvel at the tiny fingers and toes, to pour out my love on her, to feel her weight in my arms, to praise God for the gift of life and His wonderful creation.

It will happen. And in God's time. Meanwhile I need to learn to wait and not chaff at the delay and to acknowledge that God knows how I'm feeling, He knows that out of the six weeks of our school holidays that this coming week will be the busiest as well as our last, that He knows how we all long to welcome this precious gift into our family, that He knows that Son#1 may be working out of town next week and has a course that he has to attend, that He knows our desire to love this child and hold this child and discover the delights that are this child, that He knows ... and His ways are best.

Comments

java girl said…
I will be praying for a safe delivery and healthy momma and baby!!

I'm not good at the waiting part either. I know to wait upon the Lord. I know it. I just struggle with it!

Blessings to you today.

((and I will be checking out the web/blog about hair!!))
Unknown said…
Just keep remembering that it is going to happen, because before you know it, she will be here :). I still remember waiting for Evie to be born, and it felt like the longest wait of my life. It seems like a whole lot of life is waiting. You would think we would get the hang of it by now :). lol. I pray that everything goes well with the delivery, and that very soon you will be holding that sweet baby girl in your arms!
SchnauzerMom said…
I agree, there are times when I wish the Lord would do things my way. But then He'd have to fix things too, because my way usually isn't a very good way. I pray that all goes well with the delivery and that it comes soon.