Rain

It's raining. Our house leaks - always in a different place each time. I had to remind Son#5 to move his school books. School may not start for another ten days but he's going to need those books this year - preferably with dry pages and legible ink.

We've just heard that rain warnings have been issued for our area for the next twenty-four hours. DIL#1 is now overdue and isn't too keen on delivering at home if the roads are blocked due to flooding or slips so Son#1 and DIL#1 have decided to stay in town another night.

I'm glad.

We lit the fire. It's the middle of January - one of our hottest months - and the fire is burning.

And I'm still cold!

Comments

Sharon said…
Sounds like my place. I forgot about the leak in grandsons nursery last time it rained (daughter & sol were out of town) so when I went in there to rock him to sleep, the rocker was soaked. And not excited about getting any more rain anytime soon, because our long driveway has been a mud hole. Oh well, we have way too many blessings to be complaining (reminding myself).
SchnauzerMom said…
My brother fixed the leak that we had in our bathroom ceiling. Now if it would only rain. We're in the middle of a drought.