Bored!



Not me. Son#5. He had plans for today, his first day of the holidays. Plans that involved being outside with a whole lot of other guys his age and running around and having some fun.

BUT ... it's raining. And even though he wasn't to go for another hour, the fact that his plans have been cancelled has caused him to say what every mother dreads to hear:

"I'm bored."

Apparently, this soon into holidays and the holidays are already boring.

However I'm not bored. I have plans for these holidays - plans that I will probably not realise (well not all of them) - but plans all the same.

I have a baby quilt to quilt and hopefully finish. Perhaps I'll work on that today since it's raining and Son#5 has just lit the fire. We could watch a good movie - perhaps Amazing Grace or Pride and Prejudice. Scratch that. Son#5 has just said we don't have any good movies. I guess he means ones with lots of action and stuff. Well perhaps I can watch a movie. By myself. And he can do ... homework or something.

I have a scarf to finish knitting and a Nativity scene to work on and other knitting projects to decide on and start.

I have books to read although I might not finish the one I'm reading. I've enjoyed other books by this author but not this particular one. Perhaps I'll go to the library and borrow some more books. Biographies. I usually enjoy them.

I have to work on those flute pieces and with two weeks off work, now is a good time to start. Perhaps I'll even get the timing right with all this time to practice. (Don't hold your breath!)

I have two other blogs to update or to make decisions about. Do I keep them or not? And lots of other little things to do. Too little to mention on here, but little plans of things that I want to do and which I rarely have time for.

I have granddaughters that I want to have stay over some time. And some sewing that I've promised to do for their Mummy. That will only take me a day but I need to allow for it. And I have sons coming home from Uni - well I hope they are. At least for Easter. And they'll need feeding. Probably lots of feeding.

I have a house that needs rearranging. I have to move furniture, and pack away items that we don't need, and figure out how I'm going to cook and do laundry while we're living through renovations that involve - you guessed it - the kitchen and laundry.

And of course, I have housework to do. Cooking and cleaning and washing and ironing and putting away things. Always housework.

I don't have time to be bored!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Wow, I'm tired just reading about all the things you're going to do. I hope you get to accomplish at least some of them. Could you send some rain my way? We're in the middle of a severe drought.