Week Three: Second Thoughts


After a fortnight of not really caring what was happening as far as renovations go (apart from the day I came home from work and we had no water) I now find myself in the position of caring too much. I had hoped that any small changes that were made as building went along I'd be able to live with - but that hasn't turned out to be the case.

The builders made a decision regarding a particular window thinking they were doing what would look best but I'm not happy with it. I've tried and tried to imagine what it will look like finished and tried to like it but all I can think of is that it is going to annoy me every time I see it. So it's going to have to go.

Our builder is really good and has told us to let him know if we see things that aren't to our liking but I was really hoping this wasn't going to happen. I thought that I'd be able to accommodate the little things or eventually learn to live with them but this window really bugs me. I don't want to be a complaining client ... but in the end we're the ones who will have to live with it.

On a similar line, I didn't realise that the new addition was going to be so BIG. As DH keeps reminding me, it's actually smaller overall than the area that was removed but at this stage it seems to take up the whole back yard.


DH on the other hand, thinks that the kitchen is going to be too small. I remind him that it just looks that way because the area is all dark and enclosed at the moment and when the windows go in and the veranda is opened up again and all that dark timber sarking is covered it won't look so small. Whether it will or not, I suspect my new stove which we picked up this weekend is going to look absolutely fabulous in that kitchen anyway.


And since I can't have blue walls in my kitchen I knitted a dishcloth in blue cotton. The pattern is from here. DH thinks that things have come to a pretty pass when I have to knit dishcloths but I had to have some blue!



(Picture of stove from Falcon Stoves since mine is still in its wrappings and wouldn't be shown to its best advantage had I taken a photo.)

Comments