L is for ... Lack

Lack of internet connectivity which seems to be getting worse not better. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't be able to post today and just think what a shame that would have been. lol

L is also for light and I finally have a light switch for my kitchen/dining that works. Okay, I'm still waiting on those pendant lights, but when they're finally up and operating I now have a switch with which to turn them on and off. I'm not sure Son#1 will approve of how it's been done (DH was less than pleased with the final result) but at least we can now say we have a light switch.

L is also for lemon yoghurt cake which was super easy to make and super easy to eat. I suspect I'll be trying this recipe again. And for licorice which if you don't like it can be hard to gain admittance to the family circle (DIL#1 managed but so far she's the only one who doesn't like the stuff and there's no lack of willing volunteers to eat her share!)

L is for laundry (laundry room for my American readers) which DH is painting this weekend. I've chosen a light green colour for the walls. We spent part of today deciding on floor tiles and I made curtains the other day, so it looks as if one room in the house will soon be finished.

L is also for long weekend ... and having my family home ... and that's something I love!






(Son#3's Birthday Cake was Donna Hay's Ultimate One-Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake. Another super easy cake that the family will not turn their collective noses up at - especially when served with cream and fresh strawberries.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting Short Row Heels (A Knitting Post)

The Bride (and Groom) Wore White

How Not To Take Family Photos