M is for ... Masterclass

Just over a week ago I had the privilege of doing a masterclass with an internationally acclaimed flute teacher. Okay, I didn't do the masterclass. I sat in and listened to others play and the comments and tips that he gave them. But I did do the workshop beforehand and that in itself was inspiring.

And then there was the concert the following night! I could've listened to him play all night if it hadn't been for the hard seats that we had to sit on. The concert was held in what had once been a school chapel for the local Catholic secondary girls' school. I've attended services in a Catholic Church on three separate occasions and all were funerals so I don't know if priests get to drone on and on like some ministers but if they do - well those poor pupils who had to sit on those hard seats to listen to mass.

M is also for music and I've loved music since I was little. Some of my earliest memories are going to sleep listening to my mother play the piano or organ. Sunday afternoons my sister and I would gather around our mother and sing songs together. I can remember some of those songs: Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport and Do Lord, O Do Lord, O Do Remember Me. Quite an interesting repertoire!

I still love music. And one of these days I'm going to make music on my flute ... well hopefully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting Short Row Heels (A Knitting Post)

How Not To Take Family Photos

Advice Needed