V is for ... Visit

I'm expecting a visit tomorrow from my SIL. I'm not sure when I last caught up with her - perhaps at Son#2's wedding almost two years ago.

I was friends with DH's eldest sister for a number of years before I met DH. I had no idea that time when she showed me photos of her family that one day I would belong to the family. I didn't even give a second glance to the brother with the long hair in the photo.

By the time I met him styles had changed and he was wearing his hair short. This time I stole a second look!

DH decided to do his big OE (overseas experience) by using his sister and brother-in-law's home as a base from which to explore the length and breadth of Australia. But he met a girl and the rest - as they say - is history. He did manage to get up north and years later was able to say that he'd at least sat in an airport down south but he never got across that wide continent.

My SIL moved back to New Zealand with her husband and two children shortly after DH and I had moved here. Now she's on the move again - back to Australia where her husband has secured a job and her daughter lives with her husband and children. I don't think anyone is surprised that they're moving closer to grandkids. (Their son is in America at the moment and still single and childless.)

I haven't seen a lot of her in recent years as they've lived down south although they have made regular trips up this way because DH's mother lives here so it's probably not going to make a lot of difference to our relationship that they'll be back overseas.

However, I'm going to make the most of this visit because one never knows when the next one will come around.

Comments