X is for ...Xaminations

Son#2 sat his examination on Tuesday. This time - unlike the last time when he sat an exam with thoughts of his wife due to go into labour at any second on his mind (she was already overdue) - his exam paper was at the examination venue and he didn't have to fret and wait until a copy could be made.

Son#4 began his exams yesterday and Son#3 is about to begin his. He had a major presentation today which apparently went "okay".

Saturday week Son#5 begins his exams. Before that, he will have his school prizegiving. His final prizegiving. The very last time that DH and I have to sit through a prizegiving (unless the grandchildren ever-so-kindly invite us to one in a few years time).

I'm in denial. I can't believe that my "baby" is about to finish with school forever. It's happened too soon. I am so not ready for this.

Comments

Liliana said…
I think you took some literary license with your word. The only word I can think of for X is xylophone. Congrats on the boyzzzzz! (They're young men really.) They are doing well. You have much to feel proud of!
Jules said…
lol. My dictionary lists these words under X: X (true), Xe, xenon, xenophobia, Xerox, Xmas, x-ray, xylem, xylophone. Since none of them had any relevance to my life I made my own word up. You might remember that I cheated on K too?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for X.

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting Short Row Heels (A Knitting Post)

How Not To Take Family Photos

Advice Needed