No Longer 'Almost'

Today The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 turns five. I still remember the phone call that came just before eight in the morning five years ago and which altered our plans for that day. Not that DH or I minded!

And the agonising wait in the hospital as we waited for news. Not that it took that long for a first baby. Right from the start DIL#1 decided to make a habit of short labours - something most women would probably be envious of (not that I personally can complain on that score.) With no news and the time ticking away, DH made the decision to go to work and get some tests out of the way. Shortly after he left, Son#1 came in and asked if I wanted to see my brand new granddaughter. As if he needed to ask!

Now, it's five years on and we celebrate and thank God for giving us this precious child and for all the wonderful memories we have. May there be many more!

The Party ...

It was another beautiful day for a celebration ... although The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 was not keen on the water. It was a leetle cold!


This guest looks just like one of those beautiful porcelain dolls. Isn't she gorgeous?


The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2, who on Christmas day on noticing that everyone else seemed to be getting presents asked me with a voice that sounded close to tears "Where's mine?", was not at all bothered that it was her big sister getting the presents and attention this time. Perhaps that's because DH had given her a lollipop? Like others in the family she has discovered that sugar will soothe most of life's ills! (But ssh, don't tell anyone.)




Ah, the moment when The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 got upset. Apparently The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 blew the candles out without waiting for her! Never mind. Perhaps next month she can help The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 blow out her candles.


The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 was not allowed any of the sugary treats that the other guests got to enjoy but she was determined to have a closer look at the cake all the same.


A quiet moment with Dad ... and the end of a big day.

Comments

Shawn said…
I love your photos. I sit and look at them and I feel my whole self relax. You've got a lovely, lovely family, as are you too! I guess that's where they get it from.
Ohtawen said…
Awww. By now, you can already tell that I'm crooning :) The girls are all so sweet and adorable, but the birthday girl is positively radiant. I just love children's birthday parties. I feel so lighthearted! I'll be attending one soon (my nephew's), and I can't wait.