Celebrations

This month's celebrations began with our wedding anniversary and was followed by Son#1's birthday ...


and then The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#3's birthday ...


and finally Son#5's birthday celebration last night.




Somewhere in there I managed to sneak in a birthday without too much fanfare. I was happy just to make everybody's favourite potato salad ...


and to use up some of the plums from our trees while trying out my birthday present of a granite rolling pin ...


(and this pie was well worth the effort).

However The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 has obviously had enough of birthdays ... if this pose is anything to go by!

Comments

Ohtawen said…
I still think that it's wonderful to have so much joyous occasions. If I gather correctly, you had your birthday too? I realize you don't like to advertise the date (my parents are the same way), but I'd still like to wish you a happy belated birthday.
SchnauzerMom said…
Wow January is definitely birthday month for your family. Great photos.
Jules said…
Yes Ohtawen, I had a birthday. I did sneak in a mention in a previous post, but at my age, one doesn't want to advertise the fact too much. I thank you, though for your birthday wishes.

SchnauzerMom, that's only immediate family. DH has a brother who has a birthday in January and who was also married in January, and a brother-in-law who shares his birthday with Son#5. My best friend also has two sons with birthdays in January. And we mustn't forget Granddaughter#1 who had a birthday just after Christmas - not January but close enough. It's definitely not the month to try and go on a diet!
Unknown said…
Happy belated birthday, Jules! It looks like you have been having lots of family fun the past few weeks! I love the look on your granddaughters face in the last picture :).