Take ...

One self-crusting quiche (remind me to share the recipe later because this was so easy and yummy); one green salad, a handful of fresh sprouts, a loaf of homemade sourdough bread, Anzac biscuits, yummy fruit cake, plums from our tree, bananas, dried apricots, and almonds, a bottle of homemade ginger beer, throw in four adults and bucket-loads of rain, and what do you have? A wonderful picnic in the rain.



It was fine when we left home and even when we set up our picnic, we didn't think we'd get more than a few spots. However, it soon became evident that unless we wanted soggy bread and quiche it might be wiser to move to an area with cover - which we did forthwith.









Spirits undaunted, we had our lunch, packed up, donned jackets, and began to walk. Shortly after arriving at the top, the rain began to bucket down. There was a museum nearby which provided shelter and a lot of interesting history. I was in my element, if not the males in my company. The rain showed no signs of abating, so we decided to do what DH and I were unable to do twenty-two years ago: ride the cable car. Somehow it wasn't as exciting or picturesque as we had imagined, but I loved the history and culture inherent in the trip. After walking around downtown for a short while we made our way back up the cable car and braved the rain to return to the car.










In spite of the rain, it was a picnic I enjoyed very much. But perhaps next time, I'll also pack some towels and dry socks!

Comments

Unknown said…
It looks like you all had a lot of fun! What a beautiful area too. It is nice to see all that greenery, since we don't have much of that right now.
SchnauzerMom said…
That is such a beautiful place, great photos! I wish we were getting some of that rain.