The Exodus Begins

Today Son#3 returned to Uni. I'm trying not to focus on the fact that this is the beginning of The Exodus from our home. Saying goodbye to one was bad enough. What will it be like when the other two go?



I tend to show my concern by fussing. Have you got enough clothes? Do you need a jacket? Have you got money for food? etc, etc.

Since Son#3 was going to be the first returning to his flat (apartment) and since any income he is likely to receive won't start for another two weeks, we spent this morning cooking. My big new stove really came into its own today! In just a few hours it had turned out Roast Apricot Chicken, two Self-Crusting Quiches, and two Plum Pies.



At least I won't have to worry about him starving over the next few days.


I'm going to miss him though. Very muchly.

Comments

Unknown said…
Aww, you are such a good mom, Jules :). I can't imagine how hard this must be. I think about the day when Evie will leave, and it just seems too unreal. I don't even like to think about it. It looks like your son will eat well for awhile. That food looks delicious!
SchnauzerMom said…
Wow lots of goodies for him. He certainly won't starve unless a bunch of friends come over an eat him out of house and home.
Jules said…
He won't starve ... unless his refrigerator freezes his food - which is exactly what happened. I'm not sure how salad and quiche go defrosted! However, if he's hungry enough he just may eat it anyway.