Surprise!

Yesterday Son#3 rang and surprised us with the news that he was engaged! Surprised - not because we weren't expecting it some time - but only because we had an inkling of his financial state. As a masters student, money isn't in abundance and a recent conversation with him had led me to believe that he didn't have enough money for an engagement ring. Obviously he found a solution to that problem.

DH was mowing the lawns when Son#3 rang. I took the phone out to him so that Son#3 could tell him the news himself. At first DH didn't look pleased about being interrupted (he later told me he thought it must have been a telemarketer) but that quickly changed. He was almost as excited and pleased as Son#3 himself.

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 will be thrilled (as we all are). She quickly attached herself to Son#3's girlfriend and was disappointed when she didn't spend Christmas with us last year. And as for The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 and her yet-to-be-born-sibling, she will now have not two but three aunties sharing the same Christian name!

As for me, I'm excited as can be. I just wonder how I'm going to get a queen-size quilt sewn and quilted in time for a wedding "early next year."

Comments

winterwren said…
Jules,

That is so, so funny, because reading your post yesterday, I thought, "I wonder if Son #3 and his gorgeous fiance are going to get married now." I am so happy that they are. Congratulations. I wish them the best.

I hope you are well, too. I am sorry that I have fallen off the face of the earth, but I still love your blog.

winterwren