Beauty on Saturday

Beauty today was in all the family being together to celebrate The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2's birthday. All apart from Son#3 and his fiance who were at a friend's wedding where Son#3 was one of the groomsmen. But they had been able to celebrate last weekend on The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2's actual birthday (DIL#1 for some reason not wanting to put on a party the same weekend they shifted house) so while we missed them, they hadn't missed out totally.

They did however miss seeing this awesome cake ...


(which The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#2 really enjoyed cutting up)





... and watching The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 open presents ...





(Oops, that's not The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 but that is a present - a rather belated birthday present as it turns out.)

... and seeing the rest of the family ...













But like the rest of us, I'm sure they are very thankful for one very special, very beautiful, very precious little three-year-old girl.

Comments

Ohtawen said…
Before I start gushing about the cuteness in this post, I have to say he cake was really awesome! I've never seen an octopus shaped birthday cake, and I'm amazed how great it looked!
(Your granddaughters are adorable as ever :):))
Sharlene said…
The cake is cute. Do you know what was used to shape the tentacles? It looks like you had a lovely weekend
Anonymous said…
For some reason, the birthday girl loves octopi, and I said I would make her an octopus cake (not that I had seen a cake like that before) But, as she could not be dissapointed I was left to make it up as I went!
The tentacles were made from one big rectangle tin. I cut it up into 8 smaller rectangles, stood them on its side and then cut the top into a wavey shape turning some points back.
What we do to make our kids happy! lol
Thanks for the nice comments about the cake! - DIL#1