An Open Letter

Dear Spammer,

Perhaps you are human - although I doubt it - but since you insist on filling my inbox with your crude and badly worded comments I have been forced to restore CAPTCHA to my comments box once again.

In other words, I'm afraid I now have word verification again.

I didn't want to do this. It's something I hate and I wanted to make things easier for my readers who like to comment but you have left me with little choice.

I thought I could cope with the spam that I would inevitably receive. After all, I just have to delete it, right?

Right. And wrong. I don't want to delete comments that my readers have given thought and time to but to check if something is spam or just a legitimate anonymous commenter, I have to read the comment first, and quite frankly, many times I'd rather not. I only need to read the first two or three words, but sometimes that it is even too much.

So it is with regret that I reinstate word verification and with that, I offer my apologies to my readers, and say farewell (hopefully) to spammers.

Sincerely Yours,

Jules

Comments

busymomof10 said…
I had the same problem. But, since I HATE trying to decipher and copy the random letters required for commenting, I adjusted my settings to no longer allow Anonymous comments and that has taken care of my problem!! :)
Jen said…
I'm sorry you are having this problem, Jules. It is really frustrating that there are people out there that do things like that!

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting Short Row Heels (A Knitting Post)

Thanksgiving