Mild

It's been a mild winter which might - or might not - account for all the nasty bugs going around. Not creepy crawlie bugs but sick bugs.

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 has had croup. Son#2 told me not to overreact - which we all know I'm prone to do - but then he doesn't have memories of taking it in turns to sit up with your six-month old baby to ensure that he continues breathing through the night and then having that child sent straight to hospital after he started turning blue and being placed in an oxygen tent and then having to be grilled by the nurses who weren't convinced that you were a responsible parent. It didn't help that your precious baby had a huge bruise from where his older brother had bitten him or that he had reacted to his recent immunisation and had a massive bruise on the injection site. The fact that I hadn't brought my son into hospital earlier (despite ringing them in the middle of the night because I was concerned) made me an irresponsible mother in their eyes and not to be trusted alone with this precious child.

DIL#1 has also been sick and has shared her bugs with her daughters. I can't blame her for sharing her bugs with me given the number of bugs going around at work. Yesterday when The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 told me her chest hurt when she coughed I knew exactly how she felt.

Still, there are some good things about the mild weather ...




 

Comments