Forsaken

When Jesus was on the cross, He cried, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?" Jesus, the King of Glory, forsaken. Yet when Jesus took the sins of the world upon Himself, a holy God could not be in the presence of such sin.

It could be no other way.

No wonder He felt forsaken.

It's also a very human response when things go wrong. Where was God when this was happening? Where is God in all of this?

I've found myself on the verge of wondering such things in the last twenty-four hours. I know that this is a sinful and fallen world. I know that we make our own choices. I know that in this life we will face trials and hardships. But when a beautiful young mother of three dies tragically, it's hard not to ask, Why, God? Where were You?

But I know and I believe that He was there. Nothing takes Him by surprise. Not even what appears to be an untimely and tragic-beyond-description death.

So while my human mind struggles to take this in, my heart knows that it can trust the Maker and Ruler of the Universe and that He has promised never to leave us or forsake us.

Never.

And that is enough.

Comments

Fox said…
I really love how you ended that... "He has promised never to leave us or forsake us.

Never.

And that is enough.."

I so agree with you! We can't always understand, but we can choose to trust. It is enough to know He is there and that despite how it appears, we are never, even in tragic situations, forsaken. Never! And that is enough!