Keeping the Traditions

I wish I could transport you into my kitchen so that you could experience the aroma of Christmas puddings as they bubble away on my stove for eight hours. Spices, dried fruits, almonds, butter and sugar fragrance the air. It's possibly a very English scent, but one that never fails to spell Christmas for us as a family.

We're late this year ... but that shouldn't stop us from enjoying Christmas pudding next week. And since you can't visit my kitchen, I'll share with you some of the fun and traditions of making Christmas pudding at our house. Only Son#1, Son#2 and DIL-to-be#3 were absent - because it was a work day - but the rest of the family graciously turned out including DH in his lunch break.

While some worked hard ...







Others mucked around (naturally) ...






Or looked gorgeous ...











But many hands make light work ...






And soon it was fit to be tied (in record time I might add) ...



However one - like DH who had already added nutmeg, cranberries and chocolate sprinkles to the mix - thought the pudding still needed something extra ...


  

While another took on the role of official taste tester ...















But it's done and I'll let you know after Christmas Day how it turned out!

Comments