A New Term

My holidays are over and in just over twelve hours, it's back to work I go.

I'm feeling stressed. It will be a busy term and I will hit the ground running. I had hoped to recharge my batteries these holidays - and I did to a point - but I also feel frustrated because there were so many things that I wanted to achieve in two weeks and which I obviously didn't.

I did manage to do one edit of my third book - but didn't get to do a second edit that I had also hoped to get done while I had a decent amount of time to devote to it. (What happened to that time?) As to actually doing some real writing ... there's always another time (I hope).

I didn't email my first publisher - despite two annoying messages that popped up regularly on my computer screen to remind me to do so. For some reason, the reminder was entered twice - as if once wasn't bad enough. And for some reason, while I enjoy writing, I don't enjoy writing emails to publishers.

I didn't get to see Sons#4 and #5 - despite Son#5's quilt sitting here at home all laundered and clean and which he'll be wanting on his bed very soon and despite Son#4's hockey season having begun and wanting to watch him play at least one game this season. I did, however, get to see Son#3 and his gorgeous new wife and Sons#1 and #2 and their beautiful families, so all was not lost.

Nor did I finish the cardigans I'm knitting for The Most Adorable Granddaughters. I've completed two and the third is in progress, and there's wool sitting in the basket for a fourth, and I haven't yet decided what I'll do for the fifth, but with that famous quilt out of the way, I should have some more time for knitting - unless the recent frenzy of searching online for quilt ideas suggests a different creative direction this year.

As I sit here trying to work out how many weeks until next holidays and knowing that I need to seriously examine my weekly schedule so that I can fit in all that I want to do (work, family, writing, creative pursuits, housework - yes, even that - flute practice, exercise - although after all these months it would be nice to see a leetle progress), I'm reminded of what is truly important and what should be first every day:

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4, NKJV.

There's one more thing I hope to do. Get the music for this powerful song. Listen to it: I'm sure you won't be disappointed.


Comments