Saturday, May 18, 2013

Been Here Before

When I saw the subject line in the email that came through a few days ago, I assumed that DIL#1 had finally taken the plunge and cut off all beautiful long hair since she has mentioned a few times lately that it's driving her crazy and she feels like just chopping it all off (we all have days like that). I opened it expecting to see photos.

But, no. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 had decided to give herself a fringe. It's interesting that at some time around three or four years of age that so many girls decide to play hairdresser.

However, I feel partly responsible, although I know I shouldn't. Whenever The Most Adorable Granddaughters visit my house they always seem to find themselves in my room in front of the mirror with all my hair toys (excluding #5 but I'm sure that will come). Often they'll have a comb or brush in one hand and a handful of clips in the other. Even before they're using a lot of language, they are able to make it clear that they want their hair done.

Which leads me to the reason I feel responsible. Not just because I obviously have all these hair pretties that attract little girls, but because whenever The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 wants me to do her hair she always asks that I leave her fringe (longer pieces that are at least chin length) out so that she can have a fringe like me.

Now she has a fringe like me. And she's tired of it already! I do think she looks great with it and just hope she realises that if she doesn't like it, not to reach for the scissors again.

Had DIL#1 not told me that The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 had cut her hair herself, I would never have guessed. Unlike when her sister took to the scissors, she didn't cut too much and she actually didn't do a bad job.




And at least she didn't do it just before an important event - unlike her sister! The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1's hair has grown out now but it took a looooooooooooong time.



In fact, I think The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 did such a great job that I'm wondering if I should get her to cut my hair. Could she really do any worse than the stylist who cut my fringe just days before my son's wedding?

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

When my neice was about 4 years old she cut her hair and mom had to take her to the hairdresser to fix it. Now she has a four year old of her own. I haven't heard if that child has cut any hair yet. Your grand daughters are so cute.