Been Here Before

When I saw the subject line in the email that came through a few days ago, I assumed that DIL#1 had finally taken the plunge and cut off all beautiful long hair since she has mentioned a few times lately that it's driving her crazy and she feels like just chopping it all off (we all have days like that). I opened it expecting to see photos.

But, no. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 had decided to give herself a fringe. It's interesting that at some time around three or four years of age that so many girls decide to play hairdresser.

However, I feel partly responsible, although I know I shouldn't. Whenever The Most Adorable Granddaughters visit my house they always seem to find themselves in my room in front of the mirror with all my hair toys (excluding #5 but I'm sure that will come). Often they'll have a comb or brush in one hand and a handful of clips in the other. Even before they're using a lot of language, they are able to make it clear that they want their hair done.

Which leads me to the reason I feel responsible. Not just because I obviously have all these hair pretties that attract little girls, but because whenever The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 wants me to do her hair she always asks that I leave her fringe (longer pieces that are at least chin length) out so that she can have a fringe like me.

Now she has a fringe like me. And she's tired of it already! I do think she looks great with it and just hope she realises that if she doesn't like it, not to reach for the scissors again.

Had DIL#1 not told me that The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 had cut her hair herself, I would never have guessed. Unlike when her sister took to the scissors, she didn't cut too much and she actually didn't do a bad job.




And at least she didn't do it just before an important event - unlike her sister! The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1's hair has grown out now but it took a looooooooooooong time.



In fact, I think The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 did such a great job that I'm wondering if I should get her to cut my hair. Could she really do any worse than the stylist who cut my fringe just days before my son's wedding?

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
When my neice was about 4 years old she cut her hair and mom had to take her to the hairdresser to fix it. Now she has a four year old of her own. I haven't heard if that child has cut any hair yet. Your grand daughters are so cute.